- Telemundo 52 Los Angeles is currently seeking a Weather Anchor/ Reporter. As a Weather Anchor at KVEA, you will be responsible for producing and presenting multiple weather segments, compiled through weather data and computer graphics.
- Prepare quality weather forecasts based on material assembled from various sources.
- Present and prepare weather information for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
- Convey a passion for communicating weather and traffic information through graphics, verbally, and in writing.
- Proficient in weather analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure all content meets Telemundo News Station standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Maintain a deep level of familiarity with the state and region resources and conditions and critical points of interest.
- Respond to breaking weather news as required.
- Research weather information from various sources for presentation on newscasts.
- Write scripts, lead-ins, cues, bridges, copy and other material for use on the air or on multiplatforms.
- Monitor the weather wire to ascertain the news weather developments.
- Supervise the editing of filmed content for weather coverage.
- Record and deliver promotional announcements when assigned and makes promotional appearances as required.
- Create weather graphics and operate weather equipment.
- Produce compelling story packages that support and supplement our weather brand.
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers essential.
- At least two years experience as a Weather Anchor or Reporter.
- Able to produce and present multiple weather segments, compiled through weather data and computer graphics.
- Able to produce live shots, report and gather elements for story building.
- Must be flexible with scheduled hours including weekends, mornings, and evenings in a 24x7 news operation.
- Spanish fluency in writing, reading and speaking ability a must.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.Notices
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.