• Responsible for gathering information on newsworthy events.
• Write, produce and present fair and accurate news stories, as well as feature stories.
• Maintain informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
• Deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or with no Teleprompter.
• Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned.
• Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
• Create, report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
• Send daily to the assignment desk an email with at least three story proposals.
• Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
• Be able to work nights and weekends.
• Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community.
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
• Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms.
• Provide input to the show producer on show content and format.
• Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.
Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Shoot and edit promos news material, bumpers, ID's, show opens and marketing material, as well as gather information on newsworthy events.
• Write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.
• Will provide the viewer with a video story on a given topic as assigned.
• Will operate video camera and recording equipment, live truck or live remote transmitting units and edit on Edius Pro editing systems.
• Able to respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
• Maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.
• Manage project deadlines and deliverables.
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish & English writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications.
• Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a top 50 market.
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Working knowledge of Inews, Stratus, Avid, Edius or Final Cut Pro.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
• Possess a high level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas plus the skills and confidence to express them.
• Able to think and react quickly while maintaining an overall strategic plan.
• Ability to work efficiently and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and budgets
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team.
• Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.