This role will provide Human Resource support to NBC Entertainment to facilitate growth in a fun and dynamic working environment. This role is primarily responsible for supporting managers and employees and production teams on Human Resource and ER issues throughout the US and Canada. This position reports to Vice President, HR.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily strategic HR support to Studio Productions (e.g. Run-of-Show, episodic, pilots, Late Night programming) including heavy employee relations, compliance, compensation, staffing and recruitment, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff.
- Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
- Manage performance in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations
- Lead efforts to manage and deliver on key HR initiatives: Compensation, Diversity and Inclusion, Training and driving performance metrics
- Strong knowledge of state (California/New York) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration
- Working with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development. Works with NBCU Talent Development and/or selects consultants as necessary to provide programs and facilitation
- Responsible for employee relations activities such as special events, employee advocacy, monitoring and reporting for Production departments, and conflict resolution
- Continually monitors and maintains company policies and procedures, and manages the overall company and corporate communication plans; stays abreast of legal issues relating to employment and employees
- Responsible for implementing training curriculum for new managers and top-performers including on Studio productions
- Review exit interviews to help develop retention strategies and monitor attrition for assigned client groups
- Build expert knowledge of SAP, Eureka, and Business Warehouse reporting
- Assist in identifying and strategically analyzing organizational development opportunities to ensure departments are set up to operate efficiently and effectively
Basic QualificationsAbout Us
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10+ years relevant HR experience, preferably as a manager or employee relations specialist.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.Notices
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.